This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Have additional fields pop up when user hits a button?

1. Markstein

Hello,

I planning on using Machform for an RX website. Within the form people would be able to insert their prescription name and prescription number (both having their own filed).The problem I foresee happening is some people take quite a bit of medication so I would need to add maybe 10 fields for both prescription name and number. This would make the form extremely long for users that only need to enter a single prescription information.

Is there any way the form could have a "add another field" button and the fields automatically show up when the user hits the button? Then they could repeat this process for as many prescriptions they need to fill in.

If this is not possible does anyone know of an alternative that does give this functionality? Though I must say, I love Machform so hopefully someone can help me integrate it in to a form.

Thank you,

Mark

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Markstein

Upon searching the internet I found an article that gives some code to add extra fields when a button is clicked but I wouldn't know how to integrate this so I am posting it hoping maybe others will have some sort of idea.

http://www.web-design-talk.co.uk/58/adding-unlimited-form-fields-with-jquery-mysql/

The demo (from that site) can be viewed here:

http://www.web-design-talk.co.uk/examples/2/1/#

When you click on "Add your favorite links" it adds another field to the form.

Thanks and hoping someone out there has accomplished this in Machform.

Mark

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Markstein

Just checking back. I know this isn't impossible to do as you see this feature on quite a few websites. Unfortunately I just don't know how to integrate such a feature.

Thanks to anyone who may have some ideas!

Mark

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. mattdmin

I like the idea HUGELY. I've worked quite a bit with MachForms in the last week and I really like it. It would be a great addition.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Markstein

Unfortunately, I am going to assume this is currently not possible (easily) with Machform hence the lack of replies to this thread. Strange though, I believe Machform uses JQuery and the links I posted above show how to do it. I just wouldn't know where to place the code.

@Yuniar and redityo - Do you accept custom work?

Thank you,

Mark

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. yuniar

This is unfortunately won't be as simple as the sample you posted above, since MachForm backend is much more complex than that.

Technically speaking, it is possible, but it would require pretty much amount of work.
    Which I'm afraid we can't help much with. Sorry.

I suggest to hire a programmer from freelancer sites.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic