This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

How to work Multiple emails and autoresponder in v.2,

1. tanoah

I dont understand how to autorespond via email to the client who fills out the form. The only dropdown box on the "your user" side is "your email"
    Does that mean the user's email (that was submitted in the form?) because nothing else shows up on the dropdown, and I cant put anything in there.
    Also, what happened to the email side being able to support multiple addresses? I tried putting multiple addressses on the "you" side, and it would not save properly.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

The dropdown on the "Your User" side would contain email fields found on your form. In this case your form is having one email field, which is "Your Email".

So if you choose "Your Email" on the dropdown, then the autoresponder will be sent to your client email which entered there.

To save multiple email address, make sure to separate it using commas.
    For example: mail1@example.com, mail2@example.com, mail3@example.com

Make sure to click the appropriate "Save Changes" button. There are two buttons there, one for each side.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. fredwin

couple of questions on a similar theme:
    1 - can you have info on both sides of the email settings ie 'you' and 'your users'?
    2 - as soon as I put in another email after a comma the form stops working. What is going wrong?

Fred

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

1) sorry, what info?
    2) this is weird. did you get any error message?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. fredwin

Sorry
    1 - can you have options/details (email addresses etc) completed on both sides.
    2 - Nah nothing. Even logged into the mail monitoring software to see if it was blocking it an there was nothing. I am sure it was working before but it isn't now. Was having the problem before I started filling details in the 'Your Users' side.

Actually it looks like the problem is with external emails (ie leaving the organisation) as soon as I change it to any address outside the workplace that side of the email options stops working)

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. fredwin

Hey Hey worked it out. Email server wasn't allowing the form to relay external emails.

All sweet now.

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. mkrivanek

We want to track all email communications sent to our users.

So, how would I enable a copy of the email sent to the user (the person who completed the contact form) to be sent to me as well? We also have Machform v2 setup to send us the user's contact information, but we would like a copy of the exact email sent to the user.

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Edit your includes/post-functions.php file, on line 1158 you'll find this:

send_notification($form_id,$record_insert_id,$esr_email_address,$user_email_param);

Right below that line, insert this code:

send_notification($form_id,$record_insert_id,$form_email,$user_email_param);

that should send you the exact copy of email sent to the user.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. toloko

yuniar, in your example of how to do this (above), you have spaces as well as commas between email addresses. Spaces don't work for me, just a comma.

New question. When I enter 3 email addresses in the send email to you setup, I get three copies of the email sent to each additional address. How can I stop that?

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. yuniar

toloko -- hmm.. that's weird. spaces should be just fine.
    Also, each of your email address should receive one copy only.

Can I login to your MachForm to check this?
    Mail me please.

Mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic