This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[NEW RELEASE] MachForm 4.0 is now available!

1. williamansley

@M2theC: This forum is really not the place for requests for new features or complaints about Machform. While I will be the first one to admit that Machform has shortcomings, I have no affiliation with Appnitro and can't personally do anything about your feedback. I suggest that you post your requests for new features, bug reports, etc. in the Machform 4 forum.

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/forum/machform-4

Just post one request, question, or bug report per message. Use meaningful subject lines so people can find your messages. If you get a lot of others agreeing with your idea, the Appnitro staff is more likely to implement the new feature you are requesting in a future version.

As it is, you cover too much material in one message and it becomes too much trouble to try to answer all of your points. But I will respond to a few of them.

Regarding your desire to organize forms in folders per client, the Machform "tag" capability gives you some ability to organize your forms. It needs work, but you can get many of the benefits of folders if you use tags methodically.

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-form-manager#tagging

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish when you ask for "a way to name forms without having to give them a title", but you can also use tags to give forms a sort of alternate title (hidden from the form user), or to effectively give them a "hidden" title if you want to remove all text from the title field to make it collapse.

You seem to be confused about multiple page forms, which can be, I admit, somewhat confusing. You are adding or deleting page breaks, not pages. If you add even a single page break, to create a two-page form, you will see the page break field, labeled "Page 1 of 2" and the what looks like a second page break field (labeled "Page 2 of 2"), but which is actually the Submit button for the entire form. For obvious reasons, you cannot delete that. If you delete the first page break field, your form will become a single page form again and you won't see the submit button "page footer" any more.

By the way, you can hide the page numbers for a multipage form by clicking on the pagination header and choosing "Disable" under "Pagination Header Style".

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

@M2theC

A feature to show or hide paused forms

If what you're asking about what I think it is, then it is already a feature of Machform.:

(1) MF 4 has the ability to show all incomplete (non-submitted) entries.

(2) the user has the ability (if it is enabled) to be emailed a link to "save and resume" the form submission at a later time. These are the entries that that are now listed as "non-submitted".

I assume that's what you mean by "show or hide paused forms". ? The term you use, "paused form" meaning incomplete submission?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic