This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Notifications settings

1. HeuF

Hi,

In the notifications settings I can use:

{form_name}
    {entry_no}
    {entry_data}

Are there more? What to do if I want only one specific field in the e-mail?

Greetz

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Yes, use the template tag options, It's right there under "More Options" in the email screens with the definitions of what each field {element_1}, {element_2} etc means, specific to your form (s).

It is completely customisable. See Documentation, http://www.appnitro.com/doc-notifications

So for example in "Send Notification Email to my Inbox", click "More Options". At the bottom of that pane, there is "You can insert template variables into the email template."

Click the underlined word "template variables". This popups up a window "Template Variable Look up" with a drop down list containing all your fields for that form.

If you select a field name from the drop down, it then gives you the equivalent {element_x} name, that you insert into the subject line, or message of the email.

Repeat the process for the "Send Confirmation Email to User"

So for example you can customise the message like:

Dear {element_1}

Thank you for your message...

This is your submission:

{form_data}

yada yada yada

Your sign-off

where element_1 is the user first name, is the site name. So the email itself will be populated with the "actual" values.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. HeuF

Hi AMurray,

Such a shame, that I missed this:
    Click the underlined word "template variables". This popups up a window "Template Variable Look up" with a drop down list containing all your fields for that form.

Thank you! I'am feeling stupid now...... But thanks for the hint.... ;-)

Greetz

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic