This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Upgrade to v3 - Email Notifications

1. jblackburn

In case it helps anyone... the upgrade to v3 went fine, but I noticed my forms weren't notifying me like they did with the previous version. I first assumed it was the mail setup and spent time trying to troubleshoot that. After no luck with that, I happened to notice that my form notifications were turned OFF across the board. After going though and turning everyting back on again, all was good (at least so far).

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I would guess that was probably because Version 3 uses a new version of the config.php, and also the mail server ( SMTP or PHP Sendmail) settings are set through the application itself, not through config.php like Version 2.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

There was a bug with the upgrade script which caused all notifications being turned off. Sorry for this! We've updated the upgrade script now.
    Thanks for reporting this Jim!

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. jblackburn

Since I got a 10 pack, if I re-download from the link that was sent in the order email, will I get the latest version that is updated?

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. yuniar

I suggest to download it again from our member area, just to make sure. The member area is the most reliable place to get updates.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Panort

I updated from the members area today but I still get the error message (error sending e-mail) Not sure what to do next? The user is not getting an email response with the new version.
    Also, after creating a form and clicking on the e-mail link, I uncheck the "send notifications to my e-mail box" but make sure the "send notifications to user is" is checked. I save settings but if I open the e-mail link again the box to send my e-mail is checked so it is not saving my settings

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Panort

This is what I did to finally get it to work. On the e-mail settings-send confirmation to email to user, I clicked on more options and made sure "email" was showing in user email address and also that "email" was showing in from e-mail address. What was in that box(-From e-mail address) before I changed it was -"no reply @ my domain.com. for some reason that was causing the error

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. yuniar

We've just found out a bug regarding email notifications which affect certain servers. The bug caused notification email not being sent if the "From Email Address" is non-existent (such as "no-reply@domain.com").

A fix has been made and we'll release it as part of minor update release (along with several other bugfixes) within the next few days.
    If anyone need the fix for this particular case immediately, please contact us directly. We'll send you the fix for this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. himpress

I need the bug fix for email notifications, I upgraded to 3.2 and the notifications are not working, I need help quick!

Thank you
    Jay

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. himpress

I figured it out.

Jay

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. crubio

i just set up my email notification and when I hit submit the form just keeps trying to connect and now I can not access the back end? How do I access the back end so I can trouble shoot the form?

http://www.cfs-spf-services.com/appointments/

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. crubio

Please send me the bug fix for email notifications, I upgraded to 3.2 and the notifications are not working

Thanks

Carlos

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. yuniar

Carlos, this post was intended for v3.0. If you already use v3.2, the fix is already included. Most likely there is something else. Have you tried using the SMTP option?

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic