MachForm 19 Released. PHP 8.2 Compatibility.
PHP 8.2 was officially released to general availability on November 24, 2022. It is a major update of the PHP language and contains many new features and performance improvements.
Today, we’re happy to let you know that we’ve just released MachForm 19, which is fully compatible with PHP 8.2.
The new version of MachForm (version 19) is now available for download on Billing Area.
PHP & MySQL Version Requirement
MachForm v19 requires the minimum version of PHP on your server to be at least PHP 7.4 and MySQL version at least MySQL 5.7. If you’re still using older version, you’ll need to upgrade your PHP and/or MySQL version first.
We strongly recommend upgrading due to improved compatibility and bugfixes within this release.
- Update: PHP 8.2 Compatibility
- Update: Updated Braintree integration to use Hosted Fields
- Update: Hidden fields can now be used to define prices
- Update: Improved paginations on the form manager page
- Update: Improved form search on the form manager page when having large forms (more than 500 forms)
- Update: Added Stripe configuration for ‘Set Up Cards for Future Use’
- Update: Updated front-end forms jQuery library to v3.6.0
- Update: PHP sessions for admin panel is now using database handler
- Update: Multiple failed attempts on Stripe page will now invalidate the session, to protect against malicious user
- Update: Improved merge tag information on notification settings page
- Bugfix: Entering incorrect date filter on entries page when using MySQL 8 generates error message
- Bugfix: Importing form from previous version is generating error
- Bugfix: Newer version of Chrome (v102+) blocked redirect to PayPal page when the form being embedded
- Bugfix: On entries page, row not being highlighted when selected
- Bugfix: Address results on email doesn’t display correctly
- Bugfix: When using PHP 8 and a form is being disabled, entries and other settings can’t be accessed
- Bugfix: State dropdown on address field doesn’t align correctly when using non-default themes
- Bugfix: Large paragraph text aren’t being rendered correctly on PDF
- Bugfix: Entering second without leading zero on Time results to a validation error
- Bugfix: Date validation generate error message when user entered non numeric values
- Bugfix: Merge tag for signature field not generated properly when the value is empty
- Bugfix: In some cases, password reset email is not being sent when “reply to” header not exist
- Bugfix: Rating field not displayed when the field labels are set to left/right
- Bugfix: On server with zlib.output_compression enabled, downloading file generate a zipped file due to lack gzip header
- Bugfix: Editing an entry removes the state selection
- Bugfix: MF_LDAP_MAIL_ATTRIBUTE not working when using LDAP
- Bugfix: In some cases, file upload doesn’t work due to session expiry, specifically when users took a long time to complete a form
- Bugfix: Added MF_OPENLDAP_GROUP_BASEDN on config.php file
- Bugfix: Rating field not imported when using the form import option
- Bugfix: Edit entry page generate invalid CSRF message when there is validation error
How to Update
This update is FREE for all users having an active support contract.
As mentioned above, you can download it on Billing Area.
Follow this upgrade instruction:
Upgrading MachForm Self-Hosted
MachForm Cloud Users
If you’re subscribed to any of our MachForm Cloud plans, there is no further action required on your side. We automatically update MachForm version on all our cloud users with the latest version.